Jumat, 23 September 2011

A Monologue of Sorry

"Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting."
Haruki Murakami


There are some whishes happened as I want. There are some didn’t happen as I want. And there are some haven’t happened yet.

For some whishes that haven’t happened yet, they can be happened as I want or as I don’t want. That is what I call hope. There is no one knows what will happen in the future. No one. So, many people wish something will happen as they want. Something good will happen not bad. But how many whishes became just empty whishes? Because something happens is unexpected.

Some people of course have ambitions that they want to realize. But there are also many people are even afraid for thinking about their ambitions. It is because they already saw failures. They saw something that didn’t fit with their whishes. What had happened is something far from what they want to reach. So they were sure that their ambitions became impossible.

How can those things happen? Why conditions around us can control our whishes and our hopes? Why do they seem to make failure?

I am the one who ever feel that feeling. I feel that the conditions are often the opposite of what I hope. I realize that every act I take is nothing. And my ambitions that I have ever had seem impossible.

At first I claimed that the bad conditions are my enemies. The bad conditions around me can make me become pessimistic, bored, stingy and etc. They control me too much.

But, the more I blame the conditions around me, the more I blame something that creates the conditions, the one who designs, controls and cares of the whole world. God. I blame God for what had happened to me; to every condition He created it for me. The conditions were against my will.

I know that was wrong!
My friend said that many success people came from bad conditions. Thomas Alfa Edison was born with not normal ears. Hamka finished his Tafsir in the jail. And the genius Bill Gates didn’t come from a rich family.

I regret because I ever blamed God to what He had made to me. I say sorry to Him in every pray. I realize that I am the one who control what is going to happen to me. The condition around me is not the obstacle to realize my dreams, my wishes. Even in the most difficult situation or condition, I will always still have a thing that I call a hope.

I realize there are many things didn’t fit with what I want. Many things are out of my control to change. The conditions made me pessimistic with everything that I ever dreamt of. And I remember what Allah says in Qur’an,




But it is possible
That you dislike a thing
Which is good for
you,
And that you love a thing
Which is bad for you.



Al Baqara: 216